Write a review
For the Drink
- 1 oz sweet tea vodka
- Splash of lemonade
For the main dish "cornbread shooter"
- A silicon shot glass or mold, or mini muffin tin
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C milk
- Pederson's bacon bits
For the main dish "Beef Lingua- Brine"
- Beef tongue*
- 1 C salt
- 1 C sugar
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 2 Tbsp crushed peppercorn
- 2 gal water
- a pot that holds more than 2 gal
For the tongue rub
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground thyme leaves
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 package of any flavor of Pederson's bacon
- Olive oil
For the horse radish sauce
- 4 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 8oz sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Dash of any kind of hot sauce
For the Sow Sundae dessert
- 1 container vanilla ice cream
- Maple syrup
- 1 package of Pederson's bacon bits
- 1 large jalapeno pepper- sliced
- Box of tothpicks
For the cornbread shooter
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until well mixed
- 3. Add the Jiffy mix and blend with water. The batter will thicken in 3-4 minutes
- 4. Spray the silicon mold with cooking spray and fill to the top of the mold. If you are using bacon bits, add when mold is half full
- 5. Use a skewer to stir in the bacon bits and to endure that the mold is completely full
- 6. Place the mold on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- 7. Beginning with one corner, start to push the top of the "glass" mold so that it turns inside out. The shooter will be attached to the center of the mold.
- 8. Gently slide the "glass" off of the mold.
- 9. Trim the bottom of the "glass" so that it's level. Do with all shooters.
For Beef Lingua- Brine
- 1. Pour one gallon of water into a non-reactive pot. Place on burner on high heat, stirring in salt and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Add rosemary and peppercorn and boil for 2 minutes.
- 2.Add one gallon of ice to mix and let ice dissolve- this will make 2 gallons of solution. Stir the mixture.
- 1. Use a stiff vegetable brush to wash the tongue in the sink under running water. Once clean, place in a large container filled with cold water and soak for 3 hours. Change water if it gets cloudy.
- 2. Place tongue in the brine pot with a small plate on top of the tongue to keep it submerged.
- 3. Refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
To boil tongue
- 1. In a large pot, bring water to boil. Add tongue to boiling water for 20-30 minutes. Remove and place in ice water immediately. Let cool for 25 minutes, or when cool to touch. Use a sharp knife to peel off skin.
To coat tongue in rub
- 1. Mix all ingredients for the rub
- 2. Coat tongue with olive oil and then with rub
- 3. Let soak for 10-20 minutes
- 4. Cover tongue with bacon strips
To smoke tongue
- 1. Pre-heat smoker to 200-225 degrees.
- 2. Smoke tongue for 4 hours
- 3. After 4 hours, wrap tip in tin foil so it doesn't overcook
- To shred meat: Cut up cold meat into large chunks and run through a food processor using a shredder attachment. Be sure to include bacon when processing.
For horseradish sauce
- 1. Mix all ingredients EXCEPT for horseradish
- 2. Add 2 Tbsp of horseradish to mixture and then more to taste.
For Sow Sundae
- -Reducing maple syrup
- 1. Pour a small quantity of maple syrup in pan on medium heat
- 2. Bring to a medium boil for 5 minutes. Test for desired thickness
- 3. Continue to boil if needed, but do not over boil.
- 4. Remove from heat and let cool
- -Bacon Bits
- 1. Chop bacon into small pieces
- 2. Warm bacon bits in oven or smoker
- -Jalapeno pepper
- 1. Wash and dry jalapeno
- 2. Cut jalapeno crosswise so you have even slices
- 3. Insert toothpick into each slice
- -Finishing the dessert
- 1. Place 1-2 scoops of ice cream in bowl-chilled
- 2. Sprinkle small amount of bacon bits
- 3. Drizzle small amount of maple syrup
- 4. Dip jalapeno skewer into syrup and place on top of ice cream.
How to plate the Texas Delight
- 1. Pour the Texas Tea into a shot glass
- 2. Fill the cornbread shooter with the shredded tongue- about 2 oz.
- 3. Place a small amount of horseradish sauce on top of meat (or on the side if you prefer)
- 4. Top that with a jalapeno slice
- 5. Now eat, drink, and enjoy!
- *Quality beef tongue will weigh about 43 oz
Bacon Bash Texas https://baconbashtexas.com/