Kiss My Butt Grits
Write a review
- 4 C water
- 2 1/2 C instant grits
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 C shredder sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 C shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chipotle pepper canned in adobo sauce
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1. Cut bacon slices into lardons and fry in skillet until crisp. Remove lardons from skillet and drain them on a paper towel.
- 2. Put the chipotle peppers and sauce into a blender and blend until a creamy texture.
- 3. Make the grits according to the directions on the container. As they thicken, stir in the salt and pepper, butter, heavy cream, chipotle pepper, cheese, jalapeno, and bacon. Stir until everything is incorporated.
Bacon Bash Texas https://baconbashtexas.com/