Blueberry Swine 'Sicles
Write a review
- 1 package blueberry muffin mix
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 6 strips of bacon
- 3 pieces of ¾’ PVC pipe (each 10’ length)
- 1 dowel rod cut to 12’ length (rod needs to fit inside PVC pipe)
- 1 gallon ziplock bag
- Maple syrup
- Cook muffins per package directions. While muffins are cooking put sausage into a ziplock bag. Using a rolling pan, roll sausage flat bag, the sausage should cover the entire bag and be about ⅛-¼” thick. Then place sausage in the fridge. Once muffins are cooked and cooled crymble up into a bowl. Now take one of the 10” piece of PVC pipe and cover one end with foil. Fill PVC pipe alternating muffins and a drizzle of syrup, using the dowel rod to pack the muffins and syrup into the pipe until it is full. Repeat this process with the other two pieces of PVC pipe. Once pipes are full cover the open end of each with foil and place in freezer for about 20 minutes. Then remove from freezer and use the dowel rod to plunge the muffin mixture out of each piece of PVC pipe and on to a sheet of foil, wrap each and place back in the freezer 15 minutes or overnight.
- Remove the sausage from the fridge and cut the bag around all the edges and remove the top layer of the bad from the sausage. Leaving the piece of the bag under the sausage, this will help to roll the sausage around the muffin tube. Then using kitchen shears cut the sausage into 6 equal parts and cut each muffin tube in half. Place a muffin tube on each piece of sausage, then wrap each piece of sausage around each muffin tube. Pinch the ends of the sausage to ensure that none of the muffin is exposed. You should have 6 swine’cicles. Next stretch the 6 strips of bacon so they are about twice their length. This will allow 1 piece to fully wrap each swine’cicle. Wrap each swine’cicle with bacon, and lightly brush with maple syrup.
- Cook: Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the bacon is crispy (turning as needed). Serve with syrup and your favorite fruits.
Bacon Bash Texas https://baconbashtexas.com/