Write a review
- 2 tbl Butter
- 3 tbl Bacon Grease
- ½ Yellow Onion
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 2.5 oz Cream Cheese
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp of Thyme
- ¼ tsp of Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 7.5 oz Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- 6 oz Shredded Provolone Cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 cups Oil(For Frying)
- Heat butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ¾ cup flour and mix energetically for 5 minutes. It should become golden brown. Slowly add the milk to the pan stirring continuously until smooth about 2 minutes.
- Add seasonings, cream cheese, bacon, and provolone cheese, stirring constantly. Let cool to room temperature.
- Using a spoon or small scoop, roll the mixture into 24 2-inch balls.
- Roll the balls into the remaining flour, egg, and then panko.
- Fry the balls at 375 for 3 minutes (or until golden brown) being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Optional: Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and drille on top of hot bombs.
Bacon Bash Texas https://baconbashtexas.com/