Bacon Belly Burntend Taco’s
Write a review
- 8 pounds Pederson’s smoked bacon belly skin removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups of favorite BBQ rub
- 2 cups of favorite bbq sauce
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of mikes hot honey
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees, prefer to use pecan or a fruit wood to smoke.
- Cut belly into 1 ½” by 1 ½” pieces, put in large bowl and coat with olive oil and work rub into pieces. Arrange pieces on your smoker and cook for 2.5 hours.
- Pull pieces off when they have a nice burnt look to them. Place in tin pan and coat with bbq sauce, honey and brown sugar, arrange chopped butter on top of pieces in pan, cover pan with foil and put back in smoker for 90 minutes. Remove tin from top of pan and cook for additional 30 minutes to allow glaze to thicken.
- Arrange soft taco with your favorite toppings and add your burnt ends over it, fold together and enjoy.
Bacon Bash Texas https://baconbashtexas.com/