Cook Off Teams
Raised For Charity
It’s going down October 21, 2017!
IT’S GOING DOWN OCTOBER 21, 2017!
The Horny Toad Bar & Grill
The Horny Toad Bar & Grill
Here are a few of the items up for grabs!
- Knife, custom made by Marty Harris, with braiding and rawhide made by Billy Albin
- $2500 Dirt Work by Coalson Excavation
- Bacon Bash Texas Logo’d Grill made by Craig Kimbler and Jason Beyer
- Set of one Wooden Bench and two Wooden Rocking Chairs custom made by Jennifer Ables.
- Trophy Blackbuck Hunt at Little Bear Creek Ranch for two, including a two night stay at LIttle Bear Creek Lodge.
- River Fishing Trip (Kayaking and Catfishing) on the San Saba River for two, including a one night stay in the cabin on the property. Trip must be scheduled May/June 2018.
- Cranfills Gap City Limit Sign
- Custom 20X Felt Hat from Capital Hatters AND four general tickets tickets to a concert of your choice at Billy Bob’s Texas
- Red Dirt Music Pack – including autographed merchandise, tickets and backstage meet and greets to the 2018 shows of your choice for the artists below, and a few extra surprises!
- Randy Rogers Band (for four people)
- Josh Abbott Band (for two people)
- Aaron Watson (for two people)
- Quilt, homemade by Ann Spenrath in loving memory of Niki Carlson.
- Niki Warms the Cold Quilt and Blessing Bag
- 2018 Dexcom CGM System Scholarships
- 2018 Type 1 Diabetes Camp Scholarships
- 2018 Bacon Bash Texas VIP Tent
Bacon. Beer. Bands. All to raise awareness for children with Type One Diabetes and Niki Warms the Cold. You’ll see 50 cook-off teams bringing their best to see who makes the most delicious bacon dish. Taste bacon appetizers, bacon entrees, bacon desserts, and even bacon drinks! Listen to great bands! Take home some great Bacon Bash merch, or one of a kind auction items! Visit one of Central Texas’ hidden treasures – Cranfills Gap. Bacon Bash Texas shuts down the main drag, and you’ll find your bacon lovin’ heart in front of the infamous Horny Toad Bar & Grill.
Bacon Bash Texas is an experience you can’t get anywhere else, but your attendance also makes a difference.
Your tickets, auction and merchandise purchases, and donations help us send Children with Type One Diabetes to specialized Diabetes camps, equip them with continuous glucose monitors, and raise awareness to turn Type One into Type None!
Bring a coat or blanket to the event for Niki Warms the Cold! Niki Warms the Cold is a charity born in memory of Cranfills Gap native, Niki Carlson, shortly after her unexpected death. Niki dreamed of keeping coats and blankets in her car to hand out to folks in need. This dream became reality as the seed Niki planted with her family began to grow. Niki Warms the Cold distributes coats and blankets to those in need across the state of Texas. For each item you donate, you’ll receive one entry into a raffle for an amazing prize! Event proceeds will help Niki Warms the Cold purchase more coats and blankets to hand out this winter.
Bacon Bash Texas was born in 2012 as an avenue for Pederson’s Natural Farms to raise money and awareness for two causes close to the heart of their community. Pederson’s Natural Farms has been a great corporate citizen in the community where they produce 2.75 million pounds of bacon annually, and thus, Bacon Bash Texas has grown substantially each year. Due to the event’s rapid growth, Pederson’s Natural Farms has transitioned Bacon Bash Texas from an event to a non-profit organization. Pederson’s Natural Farms is very involved in the charity as members of the Bacon Bash Texas’ Board of Directors, as well as supply volunteers for the event; donate over 750 pounds of bacon for the cook-off; and give the winning team a big shout out by featuring their recipe and bio on the back of over 45,000 packages of their bacon, distributed nationwide.
Let's get connected!
Join our mailing list or shoot us a message! (P.S. We promise we won't spam you or share your contact information!)